HOME

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

We ARE still around!!

Gonna try a quick update on us all!

Our baby girls are growing at a ridiculous pace! We are now 5 months old!!
I think I can feel confident in saying we are catching right up :o)
At their 5 month "sick visit" Ava was 11lbs (nearly) and Lyv was 12lbs (nearly) so GROWING :o)

We sit unassisted
We eat all solid food (minus meats)
We hold our own bottles
We use our arms to pull ourselves forward (scary to think crawling may be just beyond the horizen EEK)
When assisted they enjoy standing and being "walked"
We are slowly starting to "fit into" a few 3-6 mo outfits...but for the most part we are 0-3 still :o)
SOO much awesomeness....but don't want to bore you :o)
These girls are pretty darn awesome!!!





Lauryn is also doing extremely well!
She has a new favorite saying...
"This is ridiculous!!" Was soooo funny the FIRST time but not so much when its her most common responce when life doesnt go her way :o) It get's old FAST hearing things such as "Eric, this is 'ridicalis'" YES...Lauryn has begun thinking that Eric is an appropriate way to address her daddy....
She also likes to tell her friends at school when their behavior is "unacceptable" followed by a "OH MY 'GOSS'" She pretty much forgets she is 2 most days!

She knows her colors
Knows square, triangle, diamond, rectangle, circle, star, heart consistently and we are working on crescent and octagon :o)
Counts to 20 (occasionally skipping the number 7 or 8.. )
She talks like she is 30 yet sounds so sweet as she can be so soft spoken
Potty is amazing :o) SHE LOVES the potty...(especially the one at school)
Speaking of...SHE LOVES "school" she gets excited to be with her friends and play on the playground...


Andrew is Andrew :o) Gosh I love that little guy! He is doing well with his speech. In therapy he is working sooo hard. He has only been there for 6 weeks now BUT talking to him there is CERTAINLY an improvement. He has a lot of work to do but progress is being made. HE LOVES Speech and gets so excited to go. Hopefully in time his attention span lengthens and he gets even more progress.

Potty is pretty great with him as well. Speech helps him as now he expresses his need to go instead of us constantly asking (please don't respond with a story about your awesome kids and their awesome pottying...Andrew is trying his hardest and he DOES NOT need compared to other kids he already gets enough of that)

He likes school, but is still very clingy...a huge mommas boy and needs a bit longer to adjust. He refuses to eat daycare food however so I annoy his teachers by packing his lunches for him and sometimes all he eat the entire time is yogurt and watermelon(Don't judge...until you have to be at work for 11 hours and watch your child refuse to eat the whole time you can't understand the position I am put in)

He is going to be 4 in 3 months...HOW CRAZY IS THAT!
We are currently working on getting him into the preschool program at Lake Cable in order to help his language issues as well.





ME? Well lets just say I am busy.
Fall semester started last week. YES I am going...YES I do have 14 credit hours & YES I do want to make Deans List AGAIN! It will be a difficult semester and I will be okay if I don't make all A's BUT I am HOPING!

Work...OY well my average "work day" has been 10 hours m-f (with a lunch break of course) Yesterday my work day was 8a-630p...This makes for a FAST AND BUSY week!
I am tired, I miss the time with my family, BUT I AM HAPPY...maybe a bit overwhelmed...well truthfully I am DEF a bit overwhelmed but every work day I DO get to spend a lot of time with my kids...Lauryn is in my room...I spend my breaks with the twins, and AJ and I have our evening and Wednesday afternoons (I can't visit him in he Pre-K room BC it upsets him)

Things will calm...WILL become more regular...we have a nice family day coming up and I think I will appreciate it MORE THAN EVER.

I LOVE my life. I LOVE my family! I LOVE my KIDS! EVERYTHING I do is for my family :o) I have no regrets and no resentment toward anyone or anything (except our economy) for my busy life :o)

I am young...my family is thriving and we are happy :P

No comments:

Post a Comment