HOME

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Wednesday September 16, 2009


These cards became more common to me than my own debit card or drivers license


"....did they discuss your ultrasound with you when you had pneumonia?.....Well, they saw 2 babies"

"WHAT?"

A question and sentence I will not soon forget. Exactly 12 months ago I was exactly 10 weeks pregnant and this day I found out just how drastically our surprise pregnancy was going to change our lives.

Amazing roller coaster this past 12 months have been. TEARS, SMILES, EXCITEMENT, SHOCK, THANKFULNESS, BLESSED, LUCKY, FEAR....name an emotion and I have been through it.

I had never been more shocked, and scared of the unknown as I was that night.

As I type this I look at Ava & Alyvia in awe. In awe that they are mine. They are healthy and happy and that they are HERE.

1 year seems like such a short period of time. This night 1 year ago I was looking at a computer screen and watching an ultrasound girl label a fetus A and a fetus B. Now I look at 2 perfect 6 month olds.

Life is beautiful. God is good. I am blessed. So thankful for all 4 of my kids and all of my family.

(Please Excuse the naked 2 year old we were trying to get ready for bed...and don't make fun of her spider undies...she picked em' and was excited about them.)

2 comments:

  1. How have I missed like your last 4 posts?!?! You're kids are all amazingly adorable! I still have a gift card for us to use...heehee...maybe the next 6 months will give us time to use it...the last 6 sure didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave you a blogging award :o) Stop by to see it!

    http://ourordinarystories.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-first-award.html

    ReplyDelete